A furnace is a big ticket item for most households, we get that! Even though it doesn’t feel like it right now, colder days are coming soon and a substandard furnace isn’t going to get the job done. At least, it’s not going to operate efficiently and therefore, it’s going to cost a lot more to run it. There’s never been a better time to take advantage of all we have to offer at A.C. Rimmer, as we’ve extended our 10 year warranty!
If your furnace is hopping along on its last leg – rest assured – we’ve got you covered! The Amana furnace has been called the last furnace you’ll ever have to buy, and we’re offering an even better backup to that claim. Through the end of October, we are offering a 10 year service warranty on all Amana units.
Here are the details:
- The Clock is Running Down – The Amana units eligible for the 10 year warranty must be purchased by October 31, 2017 so don’t wait too long to take advantage of this fantastic deal. Like it or not, winter weather is coming sooner than you think. Don’t be without heat or suffering with spotty warmth in your home and get your new furnace today.
- Coverage – Our 10 year warranty covers parts and warranty for ten whole years. That means if something goes wrong, you’re covered! Backed by the Amana pledge for longevity, our warranty creates additional surety that if something breaks, we’ve got your back.
- Money Back – Utility companies are also offering rebates for people who purchase more energy efficient systems, and therefore you many qualify for some money back. It’s a win-win situation!
- Free – You can’t beat free and that’s what our ten year warranty will cost you; absolutely nothing! You upgrade your furnace and the peace of mind is on us.
- Financing – We also offer convenient and affordable financing plans if you require assistance in paying for your new Amana furnace.
To schedule your installation before the time is up, contact us today!
The post We’ve Extended Our 10 Year Warranty appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.
Nearly every home has some device or another that is leading the charge in making their home a “smart home”. Whether it’s a speaker that answers their questions or a lighting system they can control from their home, people are jumping on the smart home bandwagon and adjusting to an app controlled life. While it may seem like it’s all about the convenience of the smart devices, there are numerous perks to having a smart home. With the advent of smart HVAC technology, controlling the temperature of your home has never been easier. Here are some of the advantages of smart thermostats:
- Easier to Program – Most programmable thermostats require a master’s degree, perhaps a doctorate to actually get it right, but smart thermostats change all that. Many of them are accompanied by an easy to use cell phone application that makes programming them a snap. No more complex manuals or guesswork; you simply walk yourself through the process and it’s done!
- Recognition – A lot of the smart thermostats on the market are also learning thermostats. This means that they can recognize your preferences and adapt accordingly. For instance, if you keep the thermostat at 66 degrees when you’re at work, but prefer 68 when you’re at home, these trends can be learned and the thermostat will adjust itself within the normal time constraints. Having a sick day or coming home from work early? No worries, it will pick up your motion and adjust the temp for your enjoyment.
- Distance Enabled Control – If you’re on vacation and you don’t want to pay to air condition the whole empty house, you can adjust your thermostat from your beach chair. Turn the temperature up or shut the air off if you want, because you’ll be able to turn it back on when you’re ready so upon your arrival home, you’ll be greeted with your optimal temperatures. This also means you can keep tracks of when your kids are fooling around with the temperature while you’re at work, so your utility bills don’t reflect their wanton disregard for energy consumption.
- More Efficient – Since a smart thermostat can learn your behaviors, it’s obviously going to be a lot more efficient. You can turn down the temperature a little more when everyone is sleeping and the thermostat will learn this trend and adjust itself, ensuring maximum energy savings and ensuring your maximum comfort in the morning.
If you’re interested in making your HVAC unit run a little bit smarter, contact us!
The post The Advantages of Smart Thermostats appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.
Fall is quickly approaching, in fact it is less than two weeks away. While most people are rejoicing what is easily the prettiest season in the mid-state, very few are thinking about the effects of the season on their home. One thing we’re all rejoicing is the reduction of the oppressive humidity that makes the Central Pennsylvania air feel like soup, but in some ways humidity can be beneficial. Here is how a whole home humidifier can help in the fall.
- Reduction of Allergens – As the leaves start to fall, it stirs up pollen in the air and can aggravate allergy symptoms during this season. Adding humidity into the air of your home can help to reduce these symptoms to a more bearable level. The humidity helps your lungs and bronchial passages and can aid breathing when your symptoms rage out of control.
- Skin Benefits – As any native Pennsylvanian can tell you, the reduction of temperatures and the brisk air can have a negative impact on your skin, hair, and nails by drying everything out. Ever notice that these problems don’t really exist when you’re exposing yourself to the humidity outside? By adding a whole house humidifier system you’re allowing yourself all the benefits of a summer day without the horrific heat and bugs.
- Cold Protection – When the outside temperatures are fluctuating up and down like a yo-yo, we’re more inclined to turn on the heat inside the house. Well, with heat comes the chance for germs to breed and multiply thus increasing your chances of catching an autumn cold or virus. Humidity can actually help with that situation, and if you do get sick, they can also help ease your symptoms.
- House Healthy – A home without humidity is a home destined for disrepair. A lack of humidity can make wooden objects warp or crack thus reducing the value of your home. It can also warp door frames and wooden windows creating cracks through which energy is lost.
Keep your home healthy, as well as yourself with a whole home humidifier system. They require very little human interaction and the benefits are numerous. Contact us today to schedule an installation.
The post How A Humidifier Can Help In the Fall appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.
You can almost feel it in the air; the arrival of fall is almost upon us. The leaves are starting to curl on the trees, the air is getting crisp, and the temperatures are starting to become less oppressive and more enjoyable as the months creep forward. When this change in seasons starts to happen, fall maintenance for your HVAC unit is of the utmost importance. Here’s a handy checklist of what needs to be done before the season starts.
- Clean Outside – You’ve been mowing the lawn all summer long and even if you’re collecting your clippings, errant grass has collected underneath your outdoor unit and possibly inside it. You’re going to want to ensure that all of those stray cuttings are cleared out before you turn the heat on for the fall.
- Filters – That’s right! It’s another reminder to change your filter! Your filter should be replaced every season at the very least, unless it’s looking dirty more frequently. Check it out once a month, but especially make sure you’re replacing it before you switch from air to heat.
- Tidy Up Inside – Dust your furniture and clean out all the dust bunnies that have been accumulating over the summer. Giving your home a good autumn cleaning with ensure that any stray allergens or contaminants aren’t hanging around for the new season. All of those particles building up around the house can affect those suffering from seasonal allergies, even indoors.
- Maintain – Call your friendly HVAC technician and schedule a maintenance appointment. While professional care isn’t required all the time, it’s a good idea when you’re going to switch from air to heat. Your tech will come out and make sure everything is functioning as it should be, while ensuring it will perform to optimum levels for the season to come.
If you want to schedule a maintenance appointment or talk to someone about replacing your furnace, contact us today!
The post Fall Maintenance appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.
Have you been struggling your way through this summer, nearly choking the last breaths out of your tired old HVAC unit? Well, suffer no more. There’s never been a better time to get a new unit installed in your home as we are now offering a 10 year warranty on Amana systems.
Amana systems have been called the last furnace you’ll ever have to buy and we want to prove that statement! Amana has demonstrated their commitment to quality, durability, and performance and they’re willing to back up their reputation with a limited lifetime warranty and 10 years on parts and labor.
Here are some of the specifics about this special offer:
- Purchase Deadline – The Amana units eligible for the 10 year warranty must be purchased by October 1, 2017 so don’t wait too long to take advantage of this fantastic deal. The fall weather will be quickly approaching and you don’t want that old unit to conk out at the wrong moment.
- Peace of Mind – The warranty covers both parts and labor for a full 10 year period. This type of warranty is incredibly special and begs to be snapped up before the clock runs out. Imagine the complete and total peace of mind that will come from knowing that you won’t have to make repairs to your system for 10 years!
- Rebates – With the installation and purchase of a new Amana system you’ll also have the option of receiving up to $750 in rebates from your utility company. Not only will that rebate check be a nice incentive, but imagine the savings on your utility bills from a more energy efficient system.
For further details or to schedule an appointment, contact us today!
The post 10 Year Warranty appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.
For years, central air conditioning has been a deal-breaker for new homebuyers, but a bigger trend is emerging as homeowners have started to accept the limitations of traditional central air. We’re talking about zoned HVAC systems, and they are the next best thing for home air conditioning. Here are some of the advantages of a zoned system so you can see if you want to get in the zone!
Traditional air conditioning systems aren’t perfect, but they’re a far cry from living in a house without AC or dealing with the limitations of window units. For a long time, while still luxuriating in the amazing coolness of their home, homeowners have been listing the pitfalls of their typically installed HVAC systems. Many of these issues can be corrected with a zoned HVAC system.
Here are some advantages:
- Consistent Cooling – If you have a traditionally installed HVAC system, you know that some rooms may be warmer than others or that your second floor isn’t as cool as the first. Your bathroom on the first floor may be freezing, while the guest bedroom is sweltering. A zoned HVAC system remedies these issues by using separate thermostats for each zone thus allowing more consistent cooling.
- Money Savings – Did you used to have kids at home that have gone off to college? Well with a typical system, you’re still paying to heat or cool their rooms. With a zoned system you have the option of turning off the system in that zone, thus allowing for savings.
- The End of the Temperature War – If you and your spouse are constantly arguing about the temperature of your house, zoning can help. He can stay toasty in his man cave while you enjoy the chill of your bedroom.
So you’re probably asking what the installation of a zoned HVAC system entails, so here are some details:
- They are able to be retrofitted to a traditional system
- The installation doesn’t take long, usually about one to three days
- They are definitely not a DIY type of thing; consult a professional
If you have been suffering with hot and cold spots in your house and don’t want to anymore, contact us to get in the zone!
The post Get In the Zone appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.
If a doctor told you there was something you needed to do in order to improve the function of your body, nine times out of ten you would probably do it. Obviously, there are some people out there who would ignore the doc’s advice and continue living the way they had been. So, why is your house any different? If there was something you could do to improve the function and health of your house, wouldn’t you want to do it? Check out some facts about duct cleaning.
When your air conditioning system is installed, it is connected to your indoor unit by an intricate system of ducts. Over time, these ducts get bogged down with dirt, dust, hair, and skin cells. Gross, right? Well, it isn’t only unpleasant to think about, it can also disturb the function of your heating and air conditioning system. However, there’s no need to worry as your ducts are able to be cleaned with little effort on your part. Here are the facts about what duct cleaning can do for your system.
- Improve the Air You’re Breathing – If you’re an allergy sufferer, you understand the struggle of this time of year. Going outdoors is like a steady assault on your sinuses, so you shouldn’t have to suffer indoors. However, many allergy sufferers don’t get their desired level of relief inside their homes either. This could be a result of dirty ducts. Having your ducts cleaned professionally can dramatically improve the air you’re breathing.
- Save Money – When up to forty percent of your home’s energy budget is spent on heating and cooling, it is important that your system is running efficiently. The gunk in your ducts can shorten the life of your system, and also make it run poorly as it is constantly being recirculated. When a system isn’t working right, it has to work HARDER, thus costing you more. Clean ducts cost less.
- Odor Prevention – If you’re a pet owner, you are well aware of the potential for pet odors in your home. Sometimes animals don’t smell the best and when your ductwork is recirculating their hair, it’s also rechurning bad smells. Couple your pets with your family members and you may be noticing a slight odor. Duct cleaning removes the contaminants from your system, and in turn can remove the odor associated with them.
If your house isn’t running the way you want it to, contact us to learn more about duct cleaning today.
The post Facts About Duct Cleaning appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.