BACKGROUND In a proposal submitted to the Air Force in November of 1968, Collins Radio Company described ways to improve the electronic industry’s understanding of thermal management and predictive techniques . This article briefly describes that proposal and discusses what […]
The post Avionics Thermal Management of Airborne Electronic Equipment, 50 Years Later appeared first on Electronics Cooling.
Original Source http://ift.tt/2wRwHVH
Global technology leader Laird has improved its advanced PC Series Power Cycling thermoelectric module (TEM) for applications that require high reliability and high volume thermal cycling between multiple temperature set points. The enhanced PC Series is now proven to perform […]
The post Enhanced Power Cycling Thermoelectric Modules Provide 1 Million Temperature Cycles appeared first on Electronics Cooling.
Original Source http://ift.tt/2z01Sif
A furnace is a big ticket item for most households, we get that! Even though it doesn’t feel like it right now, colder days are coming soon and a substandard furnace isn’t going to get the job done. At least, it’s not going to operate efficiently and therefore, it’s going to cost a lot more to run it. There’s never been a better time to take advantage of all we have to offer at A.C. Rimmer, as we’ve extended our 10 year warranty!
If your furnace is hopping along on its last leg – rest assured – we’ve got you covered! The Amana furnace has been called the last furnace you’ll ever have to buy, and we’re offering an even better backup to that claim. Through the end of October, we are offering a 10 year service warranty on all Amana units.
Here are the details:
- The Clock is Running Down – The Amana units eligible for the 10 year warranty must be purchased by October 31, 2017 so don’t wait too long to take advantage of this fantastic deal. Like it or not, winter weather is coming sooner than you think. Don’t be without heat or suffering with spotty warmth in your home and get your new furnace today.
- Coverage – Our 10 year warranty covers parts and warranty for ten whole years. That means if something goes wrong, you’re covered! Backed by the Amana pledge for longevity, our warranty creates additional surety that if something breaks, we’ve got your back.
- Money Back – Utility companies are also offering rebates for people who purchase more energy efficient systems, and therefore you many qualify for some money back. It’s a win-win situation!
- Free – You can’t beat free and that’s what our ten year warranty will cost you; absolutely nothing! You upgrade your furnace and the peace of mind is on us.
- Financing – We also offer convenient and affordable financing plans if you require assistance in paying for your new Amana furnace.
To schedule your installation before the time is up, contact us today!
The post We’ve Extended Our 10 Year Warranty appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.
Global technology leader Laird has developed self-contained liquid cooling systems (LCS) that deliver optimal temperature stabilization for more precise temperature control in particle accelerators like linear accelerators (LINACs) and cyclotron systems. LINACs and cyclotrons increase the kinetic energy of particles […]
The post Custom Liquid Cooling Systems Optimize Particle Accelerators Performance appeared first on Electronics Cooling.
Original Source http://ift.tt/2hOj8nk
Greetings to all Electronics Cooling’s loyal readership and visitors, I have recently had the privilege of joining the Electronics Cooling team alongside the incredible Editorial Board and ITEM Media. My goal as part of the team is to help the […]
The post Introducing Our New Technical Editor – In the End, Entropy Always Wins… But Not Yet! appeared first on Electronics Cooling.
Original Source http://ift.tt/2wYBrg7
Ventec International, a world leader in the production of polyimide & high reliability epoxy laminates and prepregs, has added to its extensive thermally conductive laminate and prepreg range with the launch of the VT-5A2, a next generation best-in-class, high Tg […]
The post Thermally Conductive Laminate Material for Demanding PCB Applications appeared first on Electronics Cooling.
Original Source http://ift.tt/2yIVCvX
Nearly every home has some device or another that is leading the charge in making their home a “smart home”. Whether it’s a speaker that answers their questions or a lighting system they can control from their home, people are jumping on the smart home bandwagon and adjusting to an app controlled life. While it may seem like it’s all about the convenience of the smart devices, there are numerous perks to having a smart home. With the advent of smart HVAC technology, controlling the temperature of your home has never been easier. Here are some of the advantages of smart thermostats:
- Easier to Program – Most programmable thermostats require a master’s degree, perhaps a doctorate to actually get it right, but smart thermostats change all that. Many of them are accompanied by an easy to use cell phone application that makes programming them a snap. No more complex manuals or guesswork; you simply walk yourself through the process and it’s done!
- Recognition – A lot of the smart thermostats on the market are also learning thermostats. This means that they can recognize your preferences and adapt accordingly. For instance, if you keep the thermostat at 66 degrees when you’re at work, but prefer 68 when you’re at home, these trends can be learned and the thermostat will adjust itself within the normal time constraints. Having a sick day or coming home from work early? No worries, it will pick up your motion and adjust the temp for your enjoyment.
- Distance Enabled Control – If you’re on vacation and you don’t want to pay to air condition the whole empty house, you can adjust your thermostat from your beach chair. Turn the temperature up or shut the air off if you want, because you’ll be able to turn it back on when you’re ready so upon your arrival home, you’ll be greeted with your optimal temperatures. This also means you can keep tracks of when your kids are fooling around with the temperature while you’re at work, so your utility bills don’t reflect their wanton disregard for energy consumption.
- More Efficient – Since a smart thermostat can learn your behaviors, it’s obviously going to be a lot more efficient. You can turn down the temperature a little more when everyone is sleeping and the thermostat will learn this trend and adjust itself, ensuring maximum energy savings and ensuring your maximum comfort in the morning.
If you’re interested in making your HVAC unit run a little bit smarter, contact us!
The post The Advantages of Smart Thermostats appeared first on A.C. Rimmer.