There are a lot of problems with your appliances that can crop up out of the blue. As homeowners, it is necessary to take care of those problems as soon as they come up, if you can. Dealing with these kind of issues often requires first diagnosing what caused the problem in the first place. For some, these malfunctions bring up one simple question. Do you need a water softener?
There are many ways to diagnose if your home may benefit from installing a water softening system, for instance if you have any of these issues:
- Build up on sink fixtures
- Dull, lifeless hair and itchy skin
- Soap scum build up
- Water heater element problems
- Spots on dishes that have been through the dishwasher
Now, you may be asking yourself if any of these problems are serious enough to require the expenditure to install yet another appliance in your home. Well, honestly, yes. The benefits of a water softener are numerous and can save your home from future appliance failure in the future. Here are some of the advantages associated with the installation.
- Longer Lasting Appliances – Hard water can cause efficiency loss on, not only your water heater – whether gas or electric – but also your dishwashers, pipes, and your laundry equipment. Some water heaters were marked nearly 25% less efficient after just over a year.
- Lower Carbon Footprint – Homes with hard water use more energy than a house with softened water. While the environment isn’t always everyone’s driving force, lowered efficiency and more energy being consumed means higher bills.
- Less Faucet and Showerhead Replacements – Hard water has a tendency to wreak havoc on your fixtures. Not only do they lose their shine, but they also because much less reliable when it comes to the flow of water. They lose 75% of their flow rate in less than two years! If you’re constantly replacing showerheads, hard water may be the culprit.
- Health – Hard water isn’t good for you. It contains a great deal of minerals that aren’t necessarily harmful, but they’re not really good either. Hard water also can cause a multitude of skin problems that, when combined with other issues, can become quite bothersome.
If your hard water has gotten out of control, or if you’re simply not sure if you have it, contact us. We can help with our wide variety of available systems to remedy your hard water problems.