By the fine green mist that’s settled on nearly everything, it’s easy to tell that Spring has sprung in Pennsylvania. We’ve had some high temperatures recently, but warmer weather is just around the corner, which means it’s time to prepare your air conditioning system to be turned on and run all summer long. So what can you do to make sure you’re ready for summer?
- Don’t Have Debris – Clear the debris from around your exterior unit. Anything clumped up under it or around can make it run less efficiently. While you’re outside, also conduct a small visual inspection, make sure nothing has damaged the unit over the winter.
- Filter Swap – It’s that time again, time to change out the filter. If you’re having allergy issues, try a higher quality filter in your unit. It may help catch more of the allergens in your air, and slightly reduce your discomfort. Otherwise, the new filter will assist in keeping your air conditioning system as functional as possible.
- Duct Cleaning – If you’re noticing that your interior air quality is lower than you’d like it to be, consider having your ducts cleaned by a professional. This can also elevate the efficiency of your air conditioner, making your air cooler and lowering the bills associated with cooling your home. Duct cleaning can reduce the amount of wear and tear on your system as well.
- New Thermostat – If you’re still functioning with an old thermostat, a programmable one will simplify your life in time for summer’s heat. A programmable thermostat provides a different level of control that may help in lowering costs by allowing you to set different temperatures for different times of day. Want it warmer when you’re not at home or cooler during specific times? A programmable thermostat may be the answer.
- Formal Inspection – Contact your HVAC technician to schedule an inspection of your system. The technician will check to ensure that there are no leaks, that your coolant is at the proper level, and check for any potential issues that may arise during the summer.
If you’re in need of a system upgrade, or want to schedule a service appointment, we can help. Contact us today!